January 16, 2012

"Oh, The Places You'll Go"...(Dr. Seuss)



Wikipedia defines stewardship as "the responsible planning and management of resources", historically referring to responsibilities in the home and at work.  In religious terms it refers to maintaining and using wisely the things God has given us, including treasure, time, and talent. 
A handful of opportunities have come my way and I can only hope to be a good steward and use them wisely. 

New gear to try...



Our local running store Up and Running fitted me with a new pair of shoes to help me along my path towards correct running form.  I am slowly making the shift away from a stability shoe with a chunky heel.  I recommend starting with short, easy runs when trying new shoes as you may experience some new soreness. 



110% incorporates compression and the therapeutic effects of ice with built in pockets.  For those of us that wake up at "0-dark-hundred" to fit in training hours before work, you can ice your tired muscles while getting ready for work... no more excuses!!  (oh, and the great 110% staff is prepared after races with ice packs and drinks in their coolers, so make sure you find their booth)  I am trying out some new 110% gear currently - stay tuned for the reviews :)



Bob Duncan from "Go Fast Multisport" has fitted me for my new ride... can't wait until it arrives :) 

New opportunities...


I, along with several other accomplished athletes, will be speaking to a group of female athletes in the Dayton, OH area this week.  I am humbled by the opportunity to share my experiences and encourage high school athletes to use the talents they've been given. 



"Wounded Warrior Project™ (WWP) began when several veterans and friends, moved by stories of the first wounded service members returning home from Afghanistan and Iraq, took action to help others in need. What started as a program to provide comfort items to wounded service members has grown into a complete rehabilitative effort to assist warriors as they recover and transition back to civilian life."

I have been given the honor and privilege to help with this project.  Until then, please check out their website and support their cause by clicking on the link above.  More details to follow...

New views...


My manager at work has given me the OK to spend some extra time pursuing my "other job" (aka: triathlon) for a while this winter.  This will give me the chance to spend time and train with some of the most experienced and talented athletes in the sport.  A much needed change of pace to balance out the long, solitary hours on my Computrainer/treadmill, battling the weather, and balancing a full time work schedule.  The 2012 season is just around the corner - time to get ready!!

miss



No comments:

Post a Comment