April 4, 2011

Dang Bug

Two weeks ago I had a great week of training.  Last week I got sick.  Boooo!  Monday night I got my swim done, ate dinner, then tried to sleep with a churning stomach.  Didn't work...elevator came up.  So I took the day off work and spent the day sleeping.  Recovery was the unavoidable focus all week.  It's amazing how quickly your energy is zapped.

(This is my dog Haleakala...aka Holly.  She likes to sleep in my pillowcase.)

It's good to respect your body when it says "STOP" so training plans were abandoned.  Thankfully this was a quick stomach bug and I was able to get a couple easy workouts in at the end of the week.  Funny enough, the food that sat the best: GU Chomps.  I typically reserve sports nutrition for training/racing but I was lovin' me some Chomps last week!

It's easy to panic when you lose an important week of training, but just a decision to change your frame of mind and focus on the positive.  So, here are my "positives" for the week:
  • My body is getting some much needed recovery
  • I am all that more ready to dig deep this next month with training
  • Taxes done and other mini-projects finished (amazing what you accomplish when you're not training)
  • Bought new curtains

 (Whenever you're feeling down, put boots on a small dog.  It's hilarious!)

miss

No comments:

Post a Comment