February 2, 2011

Snow-pocolypse

Figured this would be a good day to post since many of us in the Midwest are at home after experiencing Snow-pocolypse.  I love the snow.  Throw on my Yaktrax, add an extra layer of clothes and enjoy the peaceful quiet outside.   Now ice- not so much. Here in Ohio we got slammed with a nasty ice storm.  Last night I watched as large limbs fell on and around my house, pulled down wires, and folded trees in half.  I was up half the night listening to shards of ice and branches hit my roof- waking up every couple hours to another boom.  Time to assess the damage:
 Fewer leaves to rake next fall...

 How do you run on this?

Waiting on the power company to take care of this one...

The weather outside doesn’t change things for everybody though.  Swim teams were up at 4:15 for their 5am workout.  Cars were on their way to work like clockwork.  Me? Wake up, jump on the Computrainer, and enjoy the interval training.  (I draw the line when it comes to riding outside in the winter.  Love my new Felt trail bike, but 1. I don’t have nerves of steel to brave the wind and ice, and 2. I like being able to feel my toes and fingers.)  Later it’ll be time to work on the run.  Lots of work to be done so no slacking just because it’s cold out.  I wonder sometimes how different my life would be if I didn’t work and lived in a warmer climate.  Ahhhh!  For now, I’ll just enjoy the fact that I have another day off work and get to attack my “to do” list, my power and cable didn’t go out, and later I am joining friends at The Melting Pot.  YUM!  Stay safe and warm :)
miss

No comments:

Post a Comment