August 1, 2011

Giant Eagle

ugh... that's what happens when breakfast comes up in T1 (and several times thereafter).  I'm chalking it up to "I ate too close to the start of the race" or "breakfast didn't sit well".  I finally was able to burp about 15 min after the race- ahhhh, relief!  

Let's face it...I'm disappointed a sour stomach affected the day.  I know this was a training race, but I am always striving to do well. 

No point dwelling on the negatives.... 

Thankfully I had friends and family around to hang out with afterwards.  Also, there were plenty of friends racing well on Sunday to congratulate and celebrate with, so that was the focus.  Thanks to my parents for hosting me and 2 other pros, and my brother's family for a post race dinner!  Busy weekend!  Next up: NC training trip

miss

No comments:

Post a Comment