July 19, 2011

Top 10

The past 5 weekends have been a whirlwind.  Besides the obvious excitement that comes when you visit another place, you often come back with great stories to share or memories you'll never forget.  I've gathered plenty recently - ok, more than 10...  here are some highlights (not in any particular order)

1. Touring Washington DC at night with everything lit up. 


2. Ran the National Mall and biked at Hains Point



3. Clippers game with my nephew- look who got a ball!!!


4. 4th of July fireworks - this should be your next Christmas card :)



5. Stopping to run the "Rocky" stairs in Philadelphia during my bike ride



6. Saw this guy on the bike path in DC.  He was planning to walk a marathon while playing his tuba the following week (note: there is a propeller on the instrument).  Hope you made it buddy!  (he was going 16 miles that day!)


7. Got to go patrolling for bad guys with my cousin Ryan- "bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?..."



8. Sunset Parade in DC every Tuesday night- thank God we visited Iwo Jima memorial on a Tuesday!   United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps (video won't download dang it!) and the Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon.  Great music, high and tights everywhere... a good day :)

 


9. When I went to pick up my dog at David/Heather's place, my niece Aubrey came downstairs to say hi... wearing her PJ bottoms on her head and shirt around her feet.  Cracked me up!  (she was a little shy but I got her picture running back upstairs)


10. A day or two before I did a local HFP race, I decided it would be fun to sign my sister up too.  Swam and ran on my own, but got to bike with her.  We were obviously quite serious about the race...



11. Got to volunteer at a kid's triathlon in Troy, OH (put on by a good friend Cheryl Chaney- great job!).  Check out the training wheels on #162 :)  Highlight of the day: one girl's bike broke so she decided she would RUN the bike course.  Future Ironman right there...



12. Oh yeah... that's my nephew rocking my brother's college swim suit at his big swim meet this past weekend!  Thomas is mastering all 4 strokes (yes, even butterfly) and goes off the high dive now! 



13. Random texting: I sent this photo of me and my cousin on the metro to my aunt... or so I thought.  Turns out, there is a lady out there who thinks Ryan is a hottie with a phone number very similar to my aunt's. She makes cupcakes in Columbus, OH- I may have made a new friend :)


14. Went to Red Rocks (outdoor amphitheater) in Denver, CO after the race.  What a cool place!  AND... Sarah McLachlan was getting ready to perform while we were there- how cool!!

Can't wait to see what the next 2 months bring!
miss

No comments:

Post a Comment